Tuesday, March 24, 2015

OXEON Partners Co.





 I have been searching for positions in the medical field that satisfies my hunger and love for health care, working with people, being hands on, and especially learning.  Human resources, I think, is the most important and most expensive resource in health care. So when I came across Oxeon Partners in New York, NY. It seemed like the perfect fit for me. Oxeon is Greek for 'relationships' and the company seemed to have the same morals and values that I as a person hold for myself- to value people more than anything especially their power to drive innovation and transformation in the health care industry. Oxeon partners works in healthcare technology and services market to transform the way healthcare is delivered and paid for clients and partners who transform the way health care is delivered and paid for; the exceptional executives we recruit are the drivers of this change at the most innovative companies in the healthcare industry. 


Oxeon Investments take equity stakes in companies that are not search clients of Oxeon Partners and do the search work for companies where we do not own equity; however, the majority of their search work and largest investments are with companies where both occur.I don’t have experience in this area but I started contemplating about some of the challenges that companies like Oxeon face.       
    
  It seems to me that the main thing is to match the needs of the clients (which are the health care companies) with the right candidates who have the right set of skills for those positions. However, I do see  two problems: sometimes a problem that has to do with the candidates and the other with the client. Problems with the candidates: very often we hear for example it is difficult to find the right candidate. One the candidates might not have the complete set of skills that the company needs which I don’t think is the reality because there are so many young people who are educated in variety of schools but they might not know that they have those skills or how to articulate the
so, I was thinking of maybe even cataloging the skills needed and then to keep them in mind and when the position opens you have options to pick from.



  Problems with companies, on the other hand, is that: they might not be able to write down the job description right (For instance, it might be vague or not clear enough to attract clients) so it makes it difficult for us recruiters to find the right people. This I believe is what makes this job so interesting. Today you have the ability to go onto linked, monster.com, etc, and search for skills. And probably give the possibilities to work pro-actively with potential candidates to train them and to coach them on how to write their resumes and even to advise them on what kind of training they might need.
    
 I think because of Obamacare and the drastic changes in health care lately, it isn’t new skills that have changed but the combination of skills that have changed. And Health care really needs information technology for management purposes. So, finding the right people who have the leadership/management skills, the knowledge, and a deep understanding of information technology IS another challenge. 

All in all I really enjoy being around others and understanding their needs. And I think that my unique life experiences have molded me into this compassionate individual with a deep appreciation of people’s different cultural backgrounds.

Being born and raised in a developing country Albania I’ve always had a deep passion for helping others. I think Because of my opportunity to come to America I realized early on my responsibility and obligation to help others in any way shape or form. I think this reflects onto everything I have been involved in from shadowing/volunteering at various hospitals/clinics (even in one in Albania) to being part of clubs that were very involved in charitable organizations.


 Although I was very passionate for the position and their goals as an company, their process of recruiting new workers became terminated. As unfortunate as it was because I felt as though I could have accomplished so much, through this process I learned more about a branch of healthcare that I other wise would have never set my eyes on. 

At the end of the day, no matter what company it is, who you are hiring, and the people you want to sell you- it is of the utmost importance to find people who have the same goals in life as your company because those people will put in their sweat, blood, and tears into every day they work for you. Finding the 'right' people is sometimes not as hard as it might seem because everyone has a life purpose and more times than not- it is about helping others and being connected to others in a way that makes us different from all other creatures of this earth- it is what makes us human.

For companies like Oxeon who are just a branch of the health care field, it is necessary to find people that are able to adapt to the ever changing industry of health care due to the legislation but overall due to technology and especially IT. Companies are seeing every day that inventory of skills they need is scarce or depleted. 

Coming to the United States from a third world country has given me a new perspective on how medicine is practiced in different areas of the world. I have seen both extremes where people in Albania are unable to receive treatment because of non-existent health insurance plans and how sick people in the United States can live relatively normal lives due to the effectiveness of medical care. This is how the health care organization delivers care through leadership and the people in these organization.

These experiences have made me aware of an important facet of medical care and the profession of the physician. Besides treating diseases and restoring the health status of the sick and injured, physicians have a duty to work hard to preserve the health of people, and protect their health potential by preventing diseases and injuries not only in one by one basis but the entire populations.


 *I do not own these images, they were found on various tumblr sites. Please let me know if any are yours and I will give you credit for them. Thanks so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'M Kelly FROM KENTUCKY.
    I wanna thank God for Using Dr. Odey Abang to restore my son's Happiness. He came from school crying that he was diagnosed of Herpes and his teacher and the Physician Therapist told him he could not get a cure rather living on drugs, he never talk to us about it anymore not knowing he plans committing suicide . I had to monitor him and explain to him that he should manage the prescribes ACYCLOVIR, , FAMCICLOVIR and the VALACYCLOVIR.
    4 months later, he told me about an Herbalist who he heard curing people from online and he sents through the DHL service. Not quite long,he brought his phone, had to speak with the Herbalist and explain how my son had really felt and desperate in need of the cures, he assured me with no site effects after taking the medicine and promise to do as he said, 5 days later, t medicine arrived, applied as instructed and within two weeks to finish,I had my son told me he was wondering why all this while,they have not approved the cures of which doctor ODEY told him he Cures.
    Rest assured, after the checkup, he tested negative and his smiles was being restored.
    supriesed Herpes could be Cured!!!☔💯
    If you're in trouble of health
    HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, Herpetites, KIDNEY PROBLEM, INFERTILITY, INFECTIONS, IRREGULAR MESTURATION, WEEK ERECTION, CANCER ETC
    ALL THIS ARE CURABLE WITH HERBAL REMEDIES BY FROM DR. ODEY ABANG
    Kindly contact him for more information on health and Safety solutions @
    odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete